Good day Riders!
With Mid-Year 2019 approaching, we are once again accepting applications for the AMVETS Riders scholarship program. Three scholarships are to be awarded.
If you or a member of your chapter are interested in applying for a qualified family member or yourself, please complete the application form that can be found on the website under the publications tab. A direct link is provided below.
Qualifications and requirements are noted on the application. Please read carefully and fill out completely to avoid any delay/disqualification of your application. Be sure to submit by the deadline stated.
Kathy Campbell RNCO
National AMVETS Riders are now accepting bids to host the Mid-Year Rally 2021. We are looking to hold it in a central location to All Our Chapters. We would like to visit new states and chapters so please submit a bid if your chapter would like to be considered as the hosting chapter for 2021. The event must be held between the last 2 weeks of April and the first 2 weeks of May. If your Chapter would like to host the 2021 Mid-Year Rally, you must submit your bids to the Riders National Headquarters no later than 1 April, 2019.
All bids must be received by this date.
Mail your bids to:
Riders National Secretary
14 Reid Place
Palm Coast, FL 32164
You may also submit by email (as long as copies of all signature pages are included) to:
If your bid is not chosen, you will be asked if you would like to leave it in to be considered for the following year. If any bid information has changed, you will need to update and re-submit by the submission deadline. You must inform the National secretary if there are no changes and you would still like your bid considered so a copy can be given to the committee.
All bids will be presented to the Mid-Year Meeting Committee. They will then make recommendations to the Riders Mid-Year Body. A vote will be taken and location chosen during Mid-Year 2019.
You must include the following in your bids.
1. Your post has a meeting room capable of holding up to 50 people.
2. The Chapter must submit a letter from the Post Commander or Executive Board stating that they will support the Riders Mid-Year Rally.
3. The Chapter must submit a list of local Hotels/motels and room pricing.
4. The Chapter must submit a cost sheet for meals per person and which meals will be made available to the Rally if the Chapter/Post is providing food.
5. The Chapter must submit a comprehensive schedule for activities for a Riders get together to be held on Saturday night, which shall be funded by the Hosting Chapter.
6. The Chapter shall submit a detailed cost breakdown for any expenses the Riders National may incur.
7. The Chapter must submit a Point of Contact and an Alternate Point of Contact to include Phone Number, e-mail and mailing address.
AMVETS Riders National Secretary
AMVETS Riders National Communications
! Important !
In order to ensure a prompt response, please direct all questions to the National officers by using the Contact Us form located under the Officers tab.